The Women of Power Summit is taking place, and we look forward to seeing you at the event this week from Thursday, March 5–Sunday, March 8. Our conference will feature all the enjoyable activities as planned.
Given the news reports, we realize that you may have concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19). As such, you have our guarantee that BLACK ENTERPRISE and our hotel partner, The Mirage, have given this matter our utmost attention. First, we want to make clear that there are no government restrictions on domestic air travel so your flight plans should not be impeded in any way, and there is extremely minimal risk in the Las Vegas metropolitan area.
To assist you with travel as well as ensure your safety and comfort throughout the conference and your stay at the Summit, we’re sharing the tips for prevention. They may seem obvious, but we offer them as a means of helping you stay well during the Summit, and beyond:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds (especially after using the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing).
- Hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol is useful but does not equal hand washing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth—especially after touching commonly used items like handrails, elevator buttons, and doorknobs.
- Stay 全民双色球大乐透下载安装 when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue (or your elbow), then throw the tissue in the trash (not in your purse!)
- Swabbing down your area of the plane (or your hotel room) with an antibacterial cleaner is no guarantee, but it can’t hurt.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations to not wear a face mask to protect against respiratory diseases, including COVID-19, if you are well. Face masks are best used by people who show cold or flu-like symptoms to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
And as much as the Women of Power Summit is about connecting, this year we’re discouraging hugs and handshakes. As an alternative, you can elbow bump. We’ll take a rain check on that sisterly hug.
As always, we can’t wait to see you and we wish you all safe travels as you prepare to join us for the Summit!